ANNOUNCE: amavisd-new-2.11.0 released

Michael H michael at wemoto.com
Fri Apr 29 12:34:12 CEST 2016

On 29/04/16 11:20, Noel Butler wrote:
> On 29/04/2016 20:00, Benedict White wrote:
>>
>>> A release 2.11.0 of amavisd-new now is available at:
>>> https://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/amavisd-...
>>>    Release notes are at: [...]
>>
>> (!!)TROUBLE in child_init_hook: BDB can't connect db env. at
>> /var/amavis/db: No such file or directory, No such file or directory.
>> at (eva
>> [12186]: (!)_DIE: Suicide in child_init_hook: BDB can't connect db env.
>> at /var/amavis/db: No such file or directory, No such file or directory.
>> at
>> [12188]: (!!)TROUBLE in child_init_hook: BDB can't connect db env. at
>> /var/amavis/db: No such file or directory, No such file or directory. a
>>

>> ohh well... I guess this bullshit wasnt fixed in this release either
>>

>> perhaps time to re-look at alternatives like mailscanner
>>

>> Probably a good idea. After all abusing people who do stuff for free
>> isn't going to win you friends and influence people.
>>
>> I have not seen your previous posts on the subject but wonder if the
>> user Amavis runs under can actually see that
>> directory and what's in it. If so, is there a DB file?
>>
>> Are you actually using the DB? If not just turn it off.
>>

> I'm not going into detail since you're not a dev, as this has been
> covered in detail on the list in the past as Mark knows, by more than
> just myself, but just FYI to save you looking up archives, its an
> ongoing mess for a few years now

I thought this was a mailing list? you explain your issues, the general
public offer help if they have experienced the same.

Your attitude stinks.

Benedict may not be a dev but who's to say that he hasn't solved this
exact issue himself and is holding the secret that you desire?

Learn yourself some manners.