Moving to pgsql based config

Gabriele Bulfon gabriele.bulfon at sonicle.com
Wed Jul 22 18:37:05 CEST 2015

Hi,
I have several machines running for years with postfix+amavis+spamassassin using conf files, files for prefs, quarantine
on filesystem, bayes on filesystem etc.
I want to make the move to database. My choise is postgres for several reasons.
In my installation, users have no personal data.
Everything is global: confs, amavisd flags, SA white-list, bayes db.
So my question is: will both amavis and spamassassin first consider my current filesystem files other than going
to lookup the database?
Meaning: switching on the database flags on amavis and sa, should I consider converting current filebased global configs?
Mainly there are: the global amavisd.conf, prefs in global spamassassin conf files, global bayes db
Thanks for any help
Gabriele