Config amavis to use Spamhaus SBL CSS

Oren Solomianik orensol at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 12:33:30 CET 2015

Hello all,

I noticed that some spam is coming through my postfix+amavis setup lately,
and when I run SA manually on a sample spam message (with -t), the relay is
found in Spamhaus CSS list, and triggers the RCVD_IN_SBL_CSS flag in the
report.

However, I went through all archived spam emails amavis keeps, and there
was not one occurrence of this flag. There were other SBL flags, but not
this one, and it seems that the CSS list is a very strong one in terms of
being a primary source for identifying spam relays (I mean, usually it's
the first one that triggers, and only then after several minutes, when I
run the message through SA again, the other lists also report as spam).

Any ideas why this is happening? And what can be done to include the
SBL_CSS check?

Thanks,
Oren