.eml attachments is not scanned

Thomas M Steenholdt tmus at tmus.dk
Thu Jan 22 18:11:06 CET 2015

On 2015-01-22 14:04, Thomas M Steenholdt wrote:
> On 2015-01-21 11:39, Thomas M Steenholdt wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I'm looking for a way to process attached e-mails (forwarded as
>> attachment) with amavisd-new.
>>
>> - Sending myself an email, containing a zipped executable. Amavis blocks
>> it just fine.
>> - Sending the same mail, attached in another email, lets it through.
>>
>> Suggestions? Am I perhaps simply missing an important component somewhere?
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> /Thomas
> For what it's worth, it seems like "file" identifies the attachment as
> "ASCII text" and I suspect this makes Amavis skip the analysis of the
> attachment. Can somebody confirm this?
>
> It should be fairly easy to make "file" return something else for this
> type of file. Any suggestions to what we'd want it to return for an .eml
> file to be properly processed?
>
> /Thomas
Hmm, that doesn't actually seem to be the case:

Jan 22 14:06:48 hurly amavis[24149]: (24149-01) p.path ttt at example.com:
"P=p003,L=1,M=multipart/mixed | P=p001,L=1/1,M=text/plain,T=asc"
Jan 22 14:06:48 hurly amavis[24149]: (24149-01) p.path ttt at example.com:
"P=p003,L=1,M=multipart/mixed |
P=p002,L=1/2,M=message/rfc822,T=asc,N=test v.eml"

"test v.eml" is the forwarded (as attachment) email, containing the
banned file I'm looking to have amavis block.

It just doesn't seem to go any deeper than this.

/Thomas