.eml attachments is not scanned

Thomas M Steenholdt tmus at tmus.dk
Thu Jan 22 18:04:34 CET 2015

On 2015-01-21 11:39, Thomas M Steenholdt wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm looking for a way to process attached e-mails (forwarded as
> attachment) with amavisd-new.
>
> - Sending myself an email, containing a zipped executable. Amavis blocks
> it just fine.
> - Sending the same mail, attached in another email, lets it through.
>
> Suggestions? Am I perhaps simply missing an important component somewhere?
>
> Cheers
>
> /Thomas
For what it's worth, it seems like "file" identifies the attachment as
"ASCII text" and I suspect this makes Amavis skip the analysis of the
attachment. Can somebody confirm this?

It should be fairly easy to make "file" return something else for this
type of file. Any suggestions to what we'd want it to return for an .eml
file to be properly processed?

/Thomas