external virus scanner with amavis

Ralf Hansen ralf.hansen2000 at yahoo.de
Mon Jan 19 19:25:59 CET 2015

Am 19.01.2015 um 05:12 schrieb Olivier Nicole:
> I am not sure I understand what you want to do:
Thanks for your reply, Oliver.
Yes, you understand right ;-)
> - have amavis use your appliance virus scanner? That should be possible,
>    amavis knows how to talk with external virus scanners (in fact amavis
>    talks to most of the virus scanners through some sort of network stack
>    or another) but you may need to figure out how anavis will send the
>    file to the appliance and how to receive the answer. That may not take
>    advantage of the full power of your applicance, but will give yo a
>    full amavis environment, especially when dealing with the rejects.
That's exactly what i want to archieve. I hoped, that someone can tell
me, how to combine these products,
which port to talk to, or generally how to start this combination
working. I only know the implemented methods for local scanners.

> - have the incoming email go through the appliance virus scanner and
>    then through amavis? you should be using your virus scanner at it's
>    fullest capacity, but the way to deal with viruses is split into what
>    the applicance does and what amavis does.
Yes, that's right. I am using amavis, because it is also the connection
to spamassassin.
A daisy chain (complete amavis processing and then mail to the
appliance) is not possible, because i need the live REJECT-Feature of
amavis and postfix.

Any ideas how to do this?

Ralf