Introduction and quick question

robert at chalmers.com.au robert at chalmers.com.au
Wed Dec 30 22:54:12 CET 2015

Peter,
Each part of the puzzle has it's own docs, and Mavis is just part of that puzzle because normally it ties in with the other components of the mail handling system.
For example, I'm on OSX and from scratch, and a LOT of help from every mail list, now have postfix, with postscreen, dovecot, (using MySQL), SSL, TLS etc, Spamassassin, amavisd, opendkim, opendmarc, .... On a server with half a dozen virtual hosts,  and I still get spam trickling through. Amazing! So I'm still learning. You just have to trawl the Internet and ask questions and hope someone has the answers. I doubt there is a definitive FAQ for any of the parts because of the wide variety of platforms involved.
In short - If you have a question, simply ask it. :-)
Someone out there will already have solved any problems you may encounter.

Robert

Sent from my iPad