Amavisd does not reject spammy emails

Thomas Spuhler thomas.spuhler at btspuhler.com
Thu Sep 11 17:41:05 CEST 2014

On Thursday, September 11, 2014 05:05:05 PM Jussi Hirvi wrote:
> I recently noticed that my email server now delivers spam to final
> recipients even when the spam score is over $sa_kill_level_deflt.
>
> My hypothesis is that some amavisd update has introduced new
> configuration variables, which I have not defined in my configuration,
> and the default value of some such variable causes this unwanted behavior.
>
> I tried to go through documentation, but did not find the reason. Has
> anybody else had the same problem?
>
> # amavisd -V
> amavisd-new-2.8.0 (20120630)
>
> My case is practically identical with this:
>
> http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/118430/spam-dont-get-rejected-from-amavisd
>
> Though my full config might be different than his (I did not compare
> every config var).
>
> Any ideas?
>
> - Jussi

I have and it works great:

$final_virus_destiny      = D_DISCARD;
# $final_banned_destiny     = D_DISCARD;
# $final_spam_destiny       = D_PASS;  #!!!  D_DISCARD / D_REJECT
$final_spam_destiny       = D_DISCARD;
# $final_bad_header_destiny = D_PASS;
# $bad_header_quarantine_method = undef;

Why would you use D_REJECT

This would just tell the spam sender they have a valid address.

--
Best regards
Thomas Spuhler

All of my e-mails have a valid digital signature
ID 60114E63