MIME Types

Deeztek Support support at deeztek.com
Wed Oct 1 12:23:27 CEST 2014

According to the amavis docs, amavis checks MIME types of decoded mail
parts where the content classifications are provided by a file(1) utility.

Which file(1) utility does amavis use? I tried using the file command as
follows:

file -k -i file.rar

I got the following:

file.rar: application/x-rar; charset=binary

So, I inserted a file rule banning application/x-rar MIME types, I sent
an email with an attached .rar file but the email with the attachment
came through.

I realize that I can just use the .rar file extension to block those
file types and that works, however, I want to use the MIME type instead.

How would I go about finding the MIME type of a file amavis recognizes
certain files as?

Thanks a lot