amavisd memory usage too high

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Tue Nov 4 20:55:34 CET 2014

On Fri, 31 Oct 2014 18:44:12 -0200
Leonardo Rodrigues <leolistas at solutti.com.br> wrote:

>      I'm running amavisd 2.10.1 (latest) on a newly installed and
> fully updated CentOS6 box (Centos 6.6) 64 bit version. Machine is
> equipped with 4Gb RAM. Have tried amavisd 2.9.1 and got exactly same
> results.
>
> Amavis configuration is pretty simple, just clamav (using clamd.sock)
> for antivirus scanning and spamassassin call for spam checking. It's
> working fine, no problem on that.
>
>      However, after just a few hours of running (and some few hundred
> of messagesprocessed), memory usage of amavisd daemons are really
> high.

I just setup my first Postfix/Dovecot mail server deployed on Linode
with 1G.

There are 3 domains to be served altogether and less than 10 email
accounts and couple of aliases.

After I've added SPF records, now I'm considering to add support for
DKIM as well as Clamav and Spamassassin and wonder whether it's
recommended to use Amavisd to accomplish this, especially considering
we're a bit tight on memory which has to be used for few small PHP
sites?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Never was there a time when I did not exist,
nor you, nor all these kings; nor in the future