ESMTP ABORTING: Connection broken during DATA

Carsten postfixer99 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 23:02:48 CEST 2014

Hello Mark,

i changed the options, but it didn't help.
Jun 20 22:59:31 my-postfix postfix/smtpd[6067]: timeout after DATA
(759117 bytes)  from mail.foobar.org[111.222.111.222]

so in master.cf it looks like this:

188.xx.xx.xx      inet  n       -       -       -       - smtpd
    -o smtpd_sasl_auth_enable=no
    -o smtpd_proxy_filter=localhost:10024
    -o smtpd_proxy_options=speed_adjust
    -o smtpd_proxy_timeout=800
    -o content_filter=

I am using Postfix 2.9.6-2 with amavisd-new 2.7.1-2 on debian wheezy.

The interesting thing. If I send another mail from my gmail account to
my server with an 13 MB attachment, amavis needs only 950ms.
So it must be a problem with this special client or this message, which
has an PDF attachment.
I understand the speed_adjust option the right way, this should
eleminate the client as a source, so it must be the message?

I hope this can be solved, as long as the client retries to deliver the
message.

Best regards

Carsten