Using Amavis as a front-end for Exchange

Noel Jones njones at megan.vbhcs.org
Fri Jul 25 20:56:36 CEST 2014

On 7/25/2014 8:36 AM, Alex JOST wrote:
> Am 25.07.2014 um 15:21 schrieb Greg Ledford:
>> It would be greatly appreciated! I'm using the latest Ubuntu
>> server. Spamassassin is installed. I also have DCC, Pyzor, and
>> Razor installed. What's weird (and maybe correct, I'm really new
>> to all this) is that I don't see any headers for SA, either. I can
>> include the entire headers if that helps.
>
> Have you enabled spamd in /etc/default/spamassassin?

amavisd does not use spamd, rather loads the SA modules directly.

You might try setting the amavisd log level to 3 to see the SA tests
and timing in your log.

Also consider adding clamav with the excellent add-on spam
signatures from sanesecurity.  I've found the "low risk" signatures
to be safe and effective.
http://sanesecurity.com/

  -- Noel Jones