Whitelist sender header "from" field

Patrick Ben Koetter via amavis-users amavis-users at amavis.org
Mon Jan 20 23:17:47 CET 2014

Nick,

* Nick I via amavis-users <nickyidx at gmail.com>:
> I have amavisd-new-2.8.0-4 installed on CentOS 6.4.
> Sometime recipient receive mail from amazonses.com and it goes to spam
> folder.
> The envelope-from address is random like this:
> 000001392ed43711-77194d06-79b8-4d3a-850d-c54fa8b8097b-00000 at amazonses.com
>
> But "From:" filed at header is different. For ex.:
> sender at domain.com
>
> We use score_sender_maps for the whitelist. I suppose since amavisd 2.6
> both envelope and header from field (author address) checked.
> But on my installation whitelist 'sender at domain.com' does not work when
> envelope sender is different.
>
> Can you please help me with this? I have to use score_sender_maps on this
> server.

for most parts amavis executes what spamassassin reports as spam. You will
probably need to work on your SpamAssassin config and not amavis.

What does spamassassin report when you feed it with the mail manually:

% spamassassin <spam.msg

Take a look at the decision spamassassin adds. Find out which tests score and
maybe which score to high. Then you will probably know wherer to start
optimization.

p at rick

--
[*] sys4 AG