How to output quarantined msgs from SQL to file

Deeztek Support via amavis-users amavis-users at amavis.org
Thu Feb 20 20:14:20 CET 2014

On 2/19/2014 10:41 PM, Deeztek Support via amavis-users wrote:
> On 2/19/2014 4:22 PM, Patrick Ben Koetter via amavis-users wrote:
>> * Deeztek Support via amavis-users <support at deeztek.com>:
>>> Is there a way to output msgs quarantined in mysql into a file and then
>>> feed that file to spamassassin for bayes training? Or is there a much
>>> simpler way of doing this that I'm not aware of?
>> You could use the Resend-format when you release messages and reroute
>> them to
>> a dedicated mailbox. Then feed the content of that mailbox to SA.
>>
>> p at rick
>>
> There are no mailboxes on the system I'm trying to do this on. It's a
> relay server and I rather not get another server in the mix. I want to
> see if I can accomplish it on the same system. Could I somehow query
> the database and output the contents into a file and feed that to
> spamassassin? Has anyone tried anything like this before. I can't be
> the only one?
Just in case anyone wants to know, I was able to query the quarantine
table using the mail_id of the message sorting by chunk_ind ascending
and I was able to output the query output into a file. I then fed that
file into spamassassin using the sa-learn command and it looks like it
worked like a charm.