amavisd-new, read_hash and problem with a dot in localpart of emailaddress

Mark Martinec via amavis-users amavis-users at amavis.org
Fri Sep 27 23:33:13 CEST 2013

Guido,

> $per_recip_blacklist_sender_lookup_tables = {
>   '.it-power.biz' => read_hash('/etc/amavis/conf.d/blacklist_itp')
> };

> All is ok when we in the external file define email-adresses how
> name at domain.com <mailto:name at domain.com> or .domain.com
> but when we define an email-address with firstname.lastname at domain.com
> <mailto:firstname.lastname at domain.com> (in the Example
> guido.kuehler at steinel.at <mailto:guido.kuehler at steinel.at>) we receive
> the followed error.

> Starting amavisd: Array found where operator expected at
> /etc/amavis/conf.d/blacklist_itp line 2, at end of line
> Error in config file "/etc/amavis/conf.d/blacklist_itp": syntax error at
> /etc/amavis/conf.d/blacklist_itp line 2, near "kuehler at steinel"

Don't place files (such as /etc/amavis/conf.d/blacklist_itp )
into a directory /etc/amavis/conf.d/, which is dedicated to
configurations files in Debian and Ubuntu packaging of amavis.
Files in this directory are interpreted as Perl scripts,
i.e. are amavis config files, like amavisd.conf.

The diagnostics you are seeing comes from Perl itself,
which tries to interpret our file as a Perl program.