Amavisd question

Benedict White via amavis-users amavis-users at amavis.org
Tue Sep 3 15:40:46 CEST 2013

-----Original Message-----
From: Alan Davies [mailto:adavies at itcs.co.uk]
Sent: 03 September 2013 14:36
To: Benedict White; amavis-users at amavis.org
Subject: RE: Amavisd question

>Hi Benedict,
>
>I've upped the verbosity to 5, wow that's quite a bit of logging ;) From the 2-3 messages that are going through it appears to be scanning ok, classifying it as spam due to bad headers but when it comes to quarantining it fails with >the message no recognized protocol name. Are there any quarantine options that I may be able to tweak here?

A grep quarantine amavisd.conf will return all lines with quarantine in it, so that we can confirm where the quarantine is for spam.
For example my spam quarantine line looks like:

$spam_quarantine_method         = 'sql:';

Yours should be a valid quarantine, and if it's sql you should have a DSN for it, I use the same as lookup_dsn so mine looks like:

@lookup_sql_dsn = ( ['DBI:mysql:Amavisd:localhost', 'DBUSer', 'DBPassword] );
@storage_sql_dsn = @lookup_sql_dsn;

>I can append some log output if need be.

Hopefully the problem will get fixed without it....

Kindest regards,

Benedict White