How to reject mail with future time stamp

Simon B via amavis-users amavis-users at amavis.org
Sat Nov 30 13:28:19 CET 2013

On 30 Nov 2013 01:13, "L. D. James via amavis-users" <
amavis-users at amavis.org> wrote:

> I have a number of messages coming to me that has a future time (between
2 and 12 hours in the future).  The messages cause a little confusion
because at a glance I keep seeing the same messages on top and not
realizing I have received new messages since the flawed dated message.

> I also notice that all the messages with this flawed date (future
timestamp) are spam messages, almost always lewd in content.

> Can someone advise me of a configuration using Amavis to block/reject
those messages?  Hopefully this will include a bounced message indicating
why it was blocked.

Are you using spamassassin?

If so, set a reasonable score for discard.  Anything higher than 6 cannot
possibly not be so spam (imho, ymmv etc.).

Simon