amavis dailiy cron is looking for bayes dbs in wrong location

Hans Spaans via amavis-users amavis-users at amavis.org
Thu Nov 7 19:42:56 CET 2013

Ian Evans via amavis-users schreef op 2013-11-06 18:15:

> I migrated my new mail server to postfix/amavis-new a few days ago and just want to clarify that all is well.
>
> The system was setup per http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/IntegratedInPostfixWithAmavis [1] and the bayes databases linked as so:
>
> cd /root/.spamassassin
>
> rm user_prefs
>
> ln -s /var/spool/amavis/.spamassassin/user_prefs user_prefs
>
> ln -s /var/spool/amavis/.spamassassin/bayes_seen bayes_seen
>
> ln -s /var/spool/amavis/.spamassassin/bayes_toks bayes_toks
>
> Those directories appear to be empty. I took a look at the daily cron email and noticed this as well:
>
> dbg: bayes: no dbs present, cannot tie DB R/O: /var/lib/spamassassin/.spamassassin/bayes_toks
>
> Any reason why it's looking there instead of /var/spool/amavis/.spamassassin/bayes_toks?
>
> Are there any post-install tests/scripts I should be running to make sure all is well in amavis land? :-)
>
> Thanks

Most Linux-distributions set the homedir for SA to /var/lib/spamassassin
and that is fine, but the guide assumes that the homedir is set to be in
/var/spool somewhere. The guide assumes more things that most
Linux-distributions have solved differently. Please consult the manual
for your operating system and one that has been updated in the last four
year. The guide is outdated on multiple levels.

Hans

Links:
------
[1] http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/IntegratedInPostfixWithAmavis