amavis dailiy cron is looking for bayes dbs in wrong location

Ian Evans via amavis-users amavis-users at amavis.org
Wed Nov 6 18:15:43 CET 2013

I migrated my new mail server to postfix/amavis-new a few days ago and just
want to clarify that all is well.

The system was setup per
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/IntegratedInPostfixWithAmavis and the
bayes databases linked as so:

cd  /root/.spamassassin

rm  user_prefs

ln  -s  /var/spool/amavis/.spamassassin/user_prefs  user_prefs

ln  -s  /var/spool/amavis/.spamassassin/bayes_seen  bayes_seen

ln  -s  /var/spool/amavis/.spamassassin/bayes_toks  bayes_toks

Those directories appear to be empty. I took a look at the daily cron email
and noticed this as well:

dbg: bayes: no dbs present, cannot tie DB R/O:
/var/lib/spamassassin/.spamassassin/bayes_toks

Any reason why it's looking there instead of
/var/spool/amavis/.spamassassin/bayes_toks?

Are there any post-install tests/scripts I should be running to make sure
all is well in amavis land? :-)

Thanks.