Question about quarantine

Patrick Joy paddy at paddyjoy.com
Sat May 4 05:07:55 CEST 2013

Hi everyone,

I have just configured amavis-new (2.5.3) and spamassassin (3.2.5) and
integrated with postfix (2.5.1). I have linked amavis to mysql also.

Everything seems to working fine, spam headers are being added and some
mail is going the the quarantine however I would appreciate it anyone
could answer the following questions about the behaviour of the quarantine.

I have the following settings:

$sa_spam_subject_tag = '***SPAM*** ';
$sa_tag_level_deflt  = -9999;  # add spam info headers if at, or above
that level
$sa_tag2_level_deflt = 8; # add 'spam detected' headers at that level
$sa_kill_level_deflt = 10; # triggers spam evasive actions
$sa_dsn_cutoff_level = 15;   # spam level beyond which a DSN is not sent

$final_virus_destiny      = D_DISCARD;  # (data not lost, see virus
quarantine)
$final_banned_destiny     = D_BOUNCE;   # D_REJECT when front-end MTA
$final_spam_destiny       = D_DISCARD;
$final_bad_header_destiny = D_PASS;     # False-positive prone (for spam)

1) Does this mean that anything with a score over 8 will go the quarantine?
2) What happens emails with a score over 10? Do they get discarded or do
they go to the quarantine?
3) What happens emails with a score over 15? Do they get discarded or do
they go to the quarantine?

My aim is to have nothing discarded, I would like all suspected emails
to go to the quarantine and have users decide before whether they get
discarded or not. Do I have the correct settings for that?

Thanks,
Patrick