Scan Fail Limit for Virus Scanners?

Patrick Ben Koetter p at sys4.de
Fri Jun 14 10:23:46 CEST 2013

Mark,

we've repeatedly run into problems, where one scanner in a list of scanners
would not be able to fulfill the scanning (segfault, etc.). That in turn
caused amavis to come to a halt and that brought the mailserver to a halt.

With every scanner we add to the list of av_scanners amavis should use we
(theoretically) decrease overall availability. That's not what we want. Who
would ... ;)

I am not aware of a mechanism in amavis that would help us to work around this
at the moment. Is there?

If not, do you think it would be possible to introduce a new function that
lets amavis proceed if only a limited number of scanners fails?

Idea:
        Proceed with the remaining scanners on the list as long as the number
        of failing scanners does not fall below a scan fail limit

Regards

p at rick

--
[*] sys4 AG