Not all rules firing

Patrick Ben Koetter p at sys4.de
Sun Jul 14 07:53:25 CEST 2013

* Kent Oyer <kent at micro-source.net>:
> Thanks Patrick. I thought of that as well. However, the network tests are firing for some messages but just not all. I have skip_rbl_checks 0 in my local.cf file and I have $sa_local_tests_only = 0 in my amavisd.conf file. I thought maybe the tests were timing out so I setup a non-forwarding, caching name server but that hasn't seemed to help either. Maybe there's another setting I'm missing.

If you can send the message through your system again. To see what SA does
when it runs from within amavis set either "debug_sa" in you amavisd
configuration or run it in the foreground like this:

# amavisd debug-sa

You should also tell more about your setup, configuration. Which MTA do you
use? How is it configured ...

On a sidenote: For reliable results configure these *_networks options in SAs
local.cf:

internal_networks
trusted_networks
msa_networks