cleanup of old docs?

Jo Rhett jrhett at netconsonance.com
Thu Jan 17 08:06:16 CET 2013

So I just went through a fresh new installation on a host, and to be honest I found the documentation very hard to follow. Even given years of familiarity with Amavis, just trying to dot the Is and cross the Ts led through a crazy rereading of release notes and readmes and everything.

Crucial details, like how to use PenPals, are buried deep in the release notes. As are hints for using sa-compiled rules.

Details like: do you need SA daemon running or not have no explicit answer. (Not, I know from experience, but it should be easier to find)

At this point shouldn't we trim off documentation that's 5+ years old?  Also, remove references to things like amavis-milter that we have repeatedly said not to use?  At this point amavisd-milter by Peter Rohr is very stable and reliable.

--
Jo Rhett