postfix mail filtering with amavisd-milter - works!

Jo Rhett jrhett at netconsonance.com
Fri Feb 1 21:40:50 CET 2013

On Feb 1, 2013, at 12:34 PM, Jo Rhett wrote:
> On Jan 30, 2013, at 11:42 PM, Alexander Wirt wrote:
>> Or reliable filters under heavy load ;)
>

> I keep hearing this argument, and every time I hear it I compare mail statistics with the person who says that you can't filter during the session and it turns out we process 5-10x the mail load that they do (sometimes 20x or 100x), and we filter before queue. I believe that this statement is due to misbelief and ignorance rather than real testing.

Note that I don't have load testing experience with postfix yet, so that may be a problem. If so, I'll return to sendmail because I was previously doing this with a single-core 1.4ghz athlon processor and 2gb of RAM. So yeah, not much horsepower required. Recent system is 16gb 8 core, so if postfix can't keep up then it's the problem.

--
Jo Rhett