postfix mail filtering with amavisd-milter - works!

Jo Rhett jrhett at netconsonance.com
Fri Feb 1 21:33:08 CET 2013

On Jan 30, 2013, at 11:37 PM, Patrick Ben Koetter wrote:
> Agreed. I will expand the documentation as my time permits. There's good
> reason to keep both approaches. Some countries don't see the need to do
> pre-queue filtering; they have different ideas of a good [TM] content filter
> policy.

You have three choices:

1. Backscatter bounced spam to (probably forged) senders
2. Don't tell senders that you discarded their e-mail
3. Reject during the SMTP session so the sender can be aware

Normally, I'm a huge fan of "whatever works for you" but in this case there is no alternative. #1 and #2 are WRONG. #3 is only way to function well on the Internet.

--
Jo Rhett