av_scanners: multiple connection attempts possible?

Thomas Sturm via amavis-users amavis-users at amavis.org
Thu Dec 5 16:03:18 CET 2013

Hi,

I’m currently trying to use Sophos’ savdid with Amavis. It works nicely using the SSSP protocol. However, every once in a while, when savdid spawns a new child because of updated AV patterns, there is a failed connection attempt. The old child does not accept new requests and just finishes the current ones, while the new child takes some seconds to be ready.

I didn’t find any possibility to tune savdid’s behaviour like e.g. making sure that there is always one spare child. So I’m looking for a solution on Amavis’ side now. The resulting log line "connect to /var/run/amavis/savdid.sock failed, attempt #1” suggests that there could me more attempts. Is this configurable somehow?

Thanks!
Thomas