Help appreciated with sa_userconf_maps and sa_username_maps

Marc Stürmer mail at marc-stuermer.de
Tue Nov 20 10:19:58 CET 2012

Hello out there!

Currently I am tuning my local amavisd-new installation (v. 2.7.2) in
conjunction with Postfix on a modest Gentoo box.

My aim is that amavisd-new should honor the sauserprefs of local users
as much as possible.

All users which have local user prefs for Spamassassin are leaving
entries like mail at name.org in the database. Connectivity is all setup
and working.

So far, so good.

My questions are now:

1) Is there still the bug in sa_userconf_maps that .* does not work and
I need to enable domains directly, e.g. like '.mail.domain' => 'sql:' =

2) I would like some good documentation/pointers to read for regexps in
sa_username_maps. It should match the local recipient adress of the mail
as user for SA userprefs, meaning user at mail.domain is needed as
identifier for SQL lookups. When I hardwired in one user it worked like
it should, but I need a more flexible solution since I am not the only
user on that system.

BTW, is there any good way to debug the SQL queries amavisd does? I
raised log level to 5, also ran it with "amavisd debug-sa", but was not
really able to find something I could use for that kind of purposes - or
I am just blind. Whatever.

Thanks in advance!

Marc