2.8 new install, not binding to additional ports

Mark Martinec Mark.Martinec+amavis at ijs.si
Wed May 23 15:46:38 CEST 2012

> I've enabled additional ports in /etc/amavisd.conf
> but, I'm only binding to 10024
>
> what have I screwed up...?
> is my /etc/amavisd.conf in wrong place ?
>
> more to previous post, when I tried to specify desired config, get this:
> May 23 10:01:55.919  /usr/sbin/amavisd-new[21557]: (!)Net::Server:
> 2012/05/23-10:01:55 Couldn't open pid file "/var/amavis/amavisd.pid"
> [13].\n\n  at line 318 in file /usr/share/perl5/Net/Server.pm

You have to make up your mind to either go with the Debian/Ubuntu
style of multiple amavisd config files, their schema of configuring,
and their systemwide default overrides for amavisd, or go with the
plain vanilla amavisd installation with a single config file.

The small Debian/Ubuntu patch that I posted yesterday, when applied
to amavisd, changes its behaviour to search for multiple files.
In this case for example their 10-debian_scripts file changes the
default for a $pid_file to a more suitable location. It also ignores
the /etc/amavisd.conf file, all it checks are files in the
/usr/share/amavis/conf.d and /etc/amavis/conf.d directories.

Without a patch, or with explicitly specifying a config file
on a command line with option -c, you bypass their mechanism
of running through multiple config files, so whatever is there
and is important (like specifying a more suitable location for
a pid file) needs to go into your config file.