amavisd-new 2.7.1 , dkim-adsp=pass

Steve steeeeeveee at gmx.net
Wed May 23 14:43:43 CEST 2012

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Wed, 23 May 2012 14:04:54 +0200
> Von: Benny Pedersen <me at junc.org>
> An: amavis-users at amavis.org
> Betreff: Re: amavisd-new 2.7.1 , dkim-adsp=pass

> Den 2012-05-21 21:17, Steve skrev:
>
> > You are aware of the fact that you can discard virus infected
> > messages?
>
> yes

Okay. So I assume you have your reasons to run clam milter.

> > And you are using SpamAssassin? How much memory is your SA consuming
> > and how many instances of SA do you run?
>
> currently 64M in resident

This is not much but if I look at my two inbound servers than this is still multiple times more than what I get with DSPAM (my MX1 uses around 4 times less memory and my MX2 uses around 9 times less memory for anti-spam filtering).

Have you considered using something less memory und CPU hungry than SA? Not that I want you to move to DSPAM or so. I am just asking. If you know SA well then maybe something like rspamd could be useful to you? On my test system rspamd takes around 4MB per instance.