amavisd-new 2.7.2 vs 2.8.0:?

Renato Botelho rbgarga at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 20:38:51 CEST 2012

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 2:46 PM, Michael Scheidell
<michael.scheidell at secnap.com> wrote:
> Q what are he differences?, why two versions?
>
> (and, Mark:  for FreeBSD ports, do we need two different versions in ports?)

Hello Michael,

My understanding, and release_notes can confirm, is 2.7.2 is a bugfix
release of 2.7 series, with no new features and 2.8.0 is a new serie with
a lot of new features.

For FreeBSD ports, if you decide just update the port to 2.8.0, it would
be useful to add a note on UPDATING if config file syntax has changes
or other big changes happened in this version. You can also create
a port called amavisd-new27 and move current version to there.

Personally, i vote for keep just one version on ports collection, 2.8.0.

Regards
--
Renato Botelho