Do not use RBL for my networks

Mark Martinec Mark.Martinec+amavis at ijs.si
Mon Jan 30 16:21:12 CET 2012

Peter,

> I am quite new to Amavis + Spamassassin.
> My setup is Postfix + Amavis + Spamassassin.
> I have no RBL checks on Postfix and I use Amavis + Spamassassin to add the
> score of the RBLs to the total score. However, the majority of my IPs are
> blacklisted for various reasons. Now, what I want is "simple". I want to
> have a fixed score of "0" (zero) for emails coming from my networks. Is
> that possible? If it is possible, are there any guidelines on how to
> configure amavis to do that?

You want a final (sum) score 0 for such mail, or just score 0 for RBL rules?
I'll just address the former case here.

Perhaps the most straightforward way is to disable spam checks
entirely for mail originating from your networks, using a policy bank
triggered by mail originating from an internal network:

@mynetworks = qw(
  0.0.0.0/8 127.0.0.0/8 [::1] [FE80::]/10
  169.254.0.0/16 10.0.0.0/8 172.16.0.0/12 192.168.0.0/16
  ... list all your internal IPv4 and IPv6 networks ...
);

$policy_bank{'MYNETS'} = {  # mail originating from @mynetworks
  originating => 1,
  bypass_spam_checks_maps => [1],
};

If you also have roaming authenticated mail submissions,
this needs a somewhat more complex setup, as Postfix needs
to use a dedicated amavisd port for such mail, so that
amavisd can attach a dedicated policy bank to it.

On the SpamAssassin's side, make sure to list all your
internal networks in trusted_networks and in internal_networks.
A more complex site may also need to configure msa_networks.