Spam-tag log line

Stefan Jakobs stefan at localside.net
Thu Jan 26 13:22:17 CET 2012

Mark Martinec:
> Stefan,
>
> > I see the following line in my log file:
> >
> > amavis[2289]: (02289-01) Passed SPAM {RelayedTaggedInternal}, MYUSERS
> > LOCAL [AAA.BBB.CCC.DDD]:33070 [AAA.BBB.CCC.DDD] <user at example.com> ->
> > <user at example.com>, mail_id: 6zDKWrW4tK3Q, Hits: 5.864, size: 213,
> > queued_as: C8A205FD60, 10581 ms
> >
> > The Source IP is listed in @mynetworks and the recipient domain is
> > listed in @local_domains_maps and $sa_tag_level_deflt  = -999.0.
> >
> > But there is no Spam-tag line. Now I'm wondering under which
> > circumstances amavisd is logging the Spam-tag line?
> >
> > This is amavisd-new 2.7.0
[...]

> If you are referring to a debug log line "Spam-tag, ...", it is now logged
> at log level 3 starting with 2.7.0.  Previously it was a "SPAM-TAG, ...",
> logged at level 2. I suggest not to bother with this debug line.

But the missing "Spam-tag, ..." line breaks some reporting tools, like amavis-
logwatch and amavislogsumm (in log_level 2), which depend on the information
in that line. If I change the default log template, they won't recognize the
SpamAssassin test results.
What was the reason to not log the line on log_level 2 any longer? And is
there a way to have the Spam-tag line in log_level 2 again?

> If you need SpamAssassin test results in the log, this can be achieved
> by uncommenting the line, i.e. changing:
[ ... ]

> in the main log template (twice), or assigning a customized log template
> to $log_templ, e.g. (in amavisd.conf):
[...]

That works in general, but not with some reporting tools.

Thanks a lot for the clarification.
Stefan