amavisd-new 2.8.0 rpm for CentOS 6.3?

Fabio Sangiovanni sangiovanni at nweb.it
Thu Dec 20 19:26:04 CET 2012

Hello list,

I'm a new user of amavisd-new.
I need to install it in my company environment, specifically on a CentOS 6.3 machine. I'd really prefer using the latest version (2.8.0) but I couldn't find a suitable rpm. I could build one myself, based on the spec file provided along with the srpm on repoforge for version 2.6.6.

Have you guys any advice on this? Have you got any links to a pre-built 2.8.0 rpm which works fine with CentOS 6.3? And if not, is it correct to assume that a spec file for 2.6.6 works ok with the latest version (basically in terms of specified dependencies and their minimum required version)?

thanks a lot for your help!

Fabio