Restarting amavisd unstable on fc17

Alex mysqlstudent at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 05:25:19 CET 2012

Hi,

Often times it seems  that "service amavisd restart" (or reload)
doesn't always actually restart amavisd as intended. It may ignore the
restart altogether or end up in some weird state where may continues
to be queued but not processed by amavisd.

What is the proper way to signal to amavisd to reload changes in
spamassassin rules, so that it incorporates these changes properly?

Is there a more updated RPM available for fc17 than 2.6.6, from all
the way back in 2011, or do I have to build my own? No one is using
2.8 on fc17?

Thanks,
Alex