Excluding 1 IP from a /24 listed in @mynetworks

tay at linuxowns.org tay at linuxowns.org
Tue Aug 14 09:40:26 CEST 2012

Hello. 2 problems. Let's say as an example I have the below mynetworks
list and the MYNETS policy bank set up to allow these networks to bypass
spam filtering. But let's say I have a single IP within mynetworks that
I don't want to bypass spam filtering. Let's call it 192.168.10.10. I've
tried just inputting !192.168.10.10 and also !192.168.10.10/32 (at the
end) but that didn't seem to work. So how do I do it? SpamAssassin and
Postfix conf shouldn't really matter, right? I haven't even set up
trusted_networks in local.cf so that can't be it. My next idea would be
to create another network list with that one IP and a new policy bank
that doesn't bypass spam filtering but I am not even sure how to create
the policy banks. This server is in production so I need to know before
I start messing about with the configuration.

Also, I have another problem. When the mail server sends its reports
each night, they are getting filtered. They shouldn't be getting
filtered because 127.0.0.1 is in the mynetworks list. The server's
external IP is also in the mynetworks list so what the heck? Thanks!

@mynetworks = qw( 127.0.0.0/8 [::1] [FE80::]/10 [FEC0::]/10
                   10.0.0.0/8 172.16.0.0/12 192.168.10.0/24 );

$policy_bank{'MYNETS'} = {   # mail originating from @mynetworks
   originating => 1,  # is true in MYNETS by default, but let's make it
explicit
   os_fingerprint_method => undef,  # don't query p0f for internal clients
   bypass_spam_checks_maps => 1, # Allow $mynetworks to bypass spam checking.
   bypass_banned_checks_maps => 1, # Allow $mynetworks to send any file type.
   bypass_header_checks_maps => 1, # Allow $mynetworks to bypass header
checks.
};