amavis "fails to parse" 'uridnsbl_skip_domain ...' in spamassassin local config ?

locuse at mm.st locuse at mm.st
Fri Apr 6 19:02:17 CEST 2012

hi,

On Fri, Apr 6, 2012, at 11:47 AM, Michael Scheidell wrote:
> amavisd-new does not run as 'root'

yes, aware of that,

>  (or whatever user you used)
> try this:
>
> su - vscan -c 'spamassassin --lint'
>
> (vsan being the default user amavisd-runs as)

but it does run as what i used ...

egrep "daemon_user.*=|daemon_group.*=" /opt/zimbra/conf/amavisd.conf
  $daemon_user  = 'zimbra';     # (no default;  customary: vscan or
  amavis)
  $daemon_group = 'zimbra';     # (no default;  customary: vscan or
  amavis)

everything i'm checking *was* done running as the 'zimbra'' user.  i.e.,
the lint checks, amavisd restart logs, etc in my OP *were* already
exec'd as

  su - zimbra ...

in any case, for completeness here,

 $ su - zimbra -c '/opt/zimbra/zimbramon/bin/spamassassin --lint'
 $

> and, no, its not an amavisd-new issue.
> Might be a permissions/path issue.

i'm open-minded ... how might i specifically check or verify that?  if
it were a permissions issue, wouldn't one expect to see some *other*
indication of a problem with something else as well?  i.e., not just
with one line, in one config file, reported by one app?

> grep uridnsbl_skip_domain /usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin/*
>
> /usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin/aa_scores.cf:uridnsbl_skip_domain
> mailchimp.com list-manage.com rule18.com ionspam.net com.ionspam.net
> net.ionspam.net secnap.com hackertrap.net spammertrap.com

i'm not sure what that grep tells me.  are you requesting me to check
something?  can you please clarify?

thanks.