Amavis blocking images...

Peter Dal pdal at assetrecoverycorp.com
Wed Sep 28 18:20:57 CEST 2011

On 9/28/2011 9:55 AM, Noel Jones wrote:
>>      Banned name: multipart/mixed |
>>        image/gif,.image,.gif,part1.03020803.05050501 at mydomain.com
>>      Content type: Banned
>>      Internal reference code for the message is 30298-18/Fe80t5ePS7Gx
> The image name ends with .com and you've banned attachments with
> .com extension.

Thanks Noel!

That's interesting!  That would indeed make sense, however:

 1. It has been working without issues for over 3 years, and no changes
    on client or server were made
 2. It is an embedded image, not an attachment, so it has no filename.
    the "part1.03020803.05050501 at mydomain.com" is the id given by the
    email client.

If this is really the reason it is blocking it, I'm tempted to call it a
bug, since it's banning something based on a filename that's not there...

I'm intrigued though, so I'll remove the .com extension from banning and
see what happens. Remains the problem of how to block .com files and
still allow embedded images?

Thanks,
Peter

This e-mail message and any files transmitted here with, are intended solely for the use of the individual(s) addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary or privileged information. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of this message to such person) you may not review, use, disclose or distribute this message or any files transmitted herewith. If you receive this message in error, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete this message and all copies of it from your system.