Not all messages are scanned?

Simon Brereton simon.brereton at buongiorno.com
Thu Nov 24 16:09:56 CET 2011

Hi

I've been playing with logwatch.  On a test server this is what it
tells me for yesterday..

****** Summary *************************************************************************************

      85   Total messages scanned ------------------  100.00%
  32.330M  Total bytes scanned                     33,900,050
========   ==================================================

       3   Blocked ---------------------------------    3.53%
       3     Spam blocked                               3.53%

      82   Passed ----------------------------------   96.47%
       2     Bad header passed                          2.35%
      80     Clean passed                              94.12%
========   ==================================================

       3   Spam ------------------------------------    3.53%
       3     Spam blocked                               3.53%

      82   Ham -------------------------------------   96.47%
       2     Bad header passed                          2.35%
      80     Clean passed                              94.12%
========   ==================================================

      17   Truncated message passed to SpamAssassin
      82   Spam tagged
       1   Bounce unverifiable
       2   MIME error
       6   SpamAssassin diagnostics

My question is - do I take it to understand that of the 85, 17 were
truncated before they were sent to SA (but in fact all were sent).
And if so, how come only 6 have SA diagnostics?

I would expect that last figure to be higher than 17 but less than 85
(infact, I would expect it to be 85 - especially since 3 of them
scored so highly they were discarded)...

Simon