cannot open databases, lock failed, file exists

Mark Martinec Mark.Martinec+amavis at ijs.si
Wed Nov 2 14:58:47 CET 2011

Alex,

> > A better solution is to move bayes database to SQL, as Robert
> > suggested.
>
> Yes, have now done this, but the document referenced is cut down too
> much from the original, and has several problems.
>
> To start, the schema doesn't work with current versions of mysql. Use
> this one instead:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/spamassassin/trunk/sql/bayes_mysql.sql

Right, the bayes_mysql.sql from trunk (on its way to become a SA 3.4.0)
has an up-to-date schema, which is still compatible with SA 3.3 series.

Also the README* documents there were updated, and still compatible
with 3.3:
  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/spamassassin/trunk/sql/

> I'm also having problems with the AWL instructions from that document.
> It seems I don't have an existing AWL to convert to be imported into
> mysql. How do I now create and begin to use the auto-whitelist?

Just start awl from scratch. Create a database (awl_mysql.sql, README.awl),
make sure it is r/w accessible to a given username, and enable it in your
local.cf, e.g.:

user_awl_sql_username        vscan
user_awl_sql_password        xxxxxxsecretxxxx
auto_whitelist_factory       Mail::SpamAssassin::SQLBasedAddrList
user_awl_dsn                 DBI:mysql:sa:127.0.0.1:3306

I also use:

auto_whitelist_ipv4_mask_len 24
auto_whitelist_ipv6_mask_len 48
auto_whitelist_distinguish_signed 1