Amavis Quarantine MySql, managing

Antoine Nguyen tonio at ngyn.org
Thu May 12 21:15:45 CEST 2011

Le 12/05/2011 17:38, Dave McGuire a écrit :
> On 5/11/11 3:24 AM, Antoine Nguyen wrote:
>>> what do you use for managing amavis quarantine? (MySql-DB)
>>> I google alot, but i am not sure what to use.
>>> Can you recommend me some tools?
>>>
>>> Thank you.
>>>
>>> marko, from sunny hamburg
>> You can take a look at Modoboa (http://modoboa.org)
>>
>> It provides a quarantine viewer/manager and is maintained.
>
>   That looks like a really nice package, Antoine.
>
>   I have an existing setup with Postfix, amavisd-new, clamav, and
> Dovecot, in which all control information is stored in a MySQL
> database except for the mail spools themselves, and mail account users
> don't have UNIX accounts.  I'm currently using MailZu to manage the
> quarantine database.  Nothing ever touches the mail spools themselves
> except Dovecot; delivery is accomplished via Dovecot's LDA.  All of
> this has been in service for a long time at a couple of sites,
> handling a few thousand accounts in total, and it works extremely well.
>
>   If I were to want to move to Modoboa, I assume I'd have to change my
> schemas, but how tough are those changes likely to be?  Will I be able
> to retain the "nothing touches the spools except Dovecot"
> functionality with Modoboa?
>
>             Thanks,
>             -Dave

Hi Dave,

to begin with the end, the answer is 'yes', you'll be able to retain the
"nothing touches the spools except Dovecot" funtionality. For the amavis
part, Modoboa is using the provided SQL schema with no modification. The
only modifications you'll have to make will be concern the domains and
mailboxes part. Modoboa is using its own schema to store those informations.

Does it answer you question?

Antoine.