Logging statistics

Patrick Ben Koetter p at state-of-mind.de
Wed Mar 30 09:19:36 CEST 2011

Mark,

most people I know run amavis with $log_level = 2, because it gives them
valuable output on spam test scores. They feed this output to scripts and
create statistics.

However running amavis in that $log_level also creates a lot of unnecessary
output - unless you debug.

I think it would be useful to have a separate option that lets amavis run with
normal, low $log_level, but creates output for statistical purposes. I am not
sure though how it should be stored. Both, logfile and snmp.db, seem to be
good places. I guess snmp.db would be the hard way. Anyway...

Would you consider adding such a feature?

p at rick

justified.

saslfinger (debugging SMTP AUTH):