{SPAM?} Plurals

Giampaolo Tomassoni giampaolo at tomassoni.biz
Tue Mar 8 09:09:42 CET 2011

>  [79.8.207.112]) (Authenticated sender: giampaolo at tomassoni.biz)
>  by c0.edlui.it (Postfix) with ESMTPA id 2AF86472390
>  for <amavis-users at amavis.org>; Mon,  7 Mar 2011 17:51:33 +0100 (CET)

> this adds to the score !

What? Why?!? Which SA rule does it trigger?

Running it on my SA I get some score from STOX_REPLY_TYPE and
STOX_REPLY_TYPE_WITHOUT_QUOTES, because I was so silly to reply to an
announcement message in the new list and there rewrite the message from
scratch...

But that accounts for more or less 2.2 points (SA 3.3.1 with updated
ruleset)..

> maybe the postfix at c0.edlui.it should remove this header (mainly for
> privacy reason,
> not only to make me continue to be lazy with my SA's config..)
> /^Received:.*Authenticated sender:.*/                           IGNORE

There is no privacy concern in this: the "authenticated sender" is just the
main e-mail address of the owner of the mailbox from which the message had
been sent. Users can send messages with whatever "From: " they like, while
the recipient can always know who effectively sent the message and
eventually reply to the authenticated user if something goes wrong. This
reduces misuses of the mailing systems. Our users know this...

> anyway you are not alone :)

Feeew! ;)

Giampaolo