amavisd 2.7.0 and Mail::OpenDKIM

Quanah Gibson-Mount quanah at zimbra.com
Fri Jun 10 18:21:45 CEST 2011

--On Friday, June 10, 2011 6:09 PM +0200 Mark Martinec
<Mark.Martinec+amavis at ijs.si> wrote:

> Quanah,
>
>> Will Amavisd 2.7.0 have support for using Mail::OpenDKIM as an
>> alternative to Mail::DKIM?  The performance numbers between the two are
>> certainly striking, and I think it would be worthwhile to have the
>> flexibility to choose which one I wanted to use with Amavisd.
>
> Striking indeed - see the table below!

Wow, that's interesting, and generally I'd expect a C library to be
significantly faster than a pure perl module.  I wonder why it's so slow.
:/  Have you passed this on to the author?  They sure seemed to feel their
module was significantly faster. :P

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount