clean_quarantine_method = undef <-> how to 'drive' this from mysql db ?!?

Amedeo Rinaldo bajodel at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 06:15:59 CEST 2011

(take care .. my english is equivalent to a 6 years child ..or worst)

Hullo amavis users,

i'm happily using amavisd-new 2.6.4 on Debian Squeeze but i've a little
problem in making "user custom clean quarantine" work as i need.
The per-user customization is driven by mysql db, and there i've
inserted domain specific rules (mbox destination for clean quarantine).

Then i realize that my setup wasn't working as intended, i've googled a
little and i found a partial solution:

In file /etc/amavis/conf.d/50-user i've edited:
-- -- -- --
(default) $clean_quarantine_method = undef;
..to..
  (custom) $clean_quarantine_method = 'local:clean/clean-%m';
-- -- -- --

In this way my setup is working correctly, the file-quarantine is
'overruled' by mysql settings.

My problem now is: i'm not able to enable/disable clean_quarantine only
for specific domain.
If i set no specific destination on mysql field the clean_quarantine
policy assumed is the default (in the configuration file -> to file).
If i want to disable all clean_quaranteing i must edit the configuration
file and turn the value to default.

My need would be to 'drive' this behaviour only from mysql db.
Is it possible ?

Thank for your patience (and your efforts in understanding my speech)
;-)

Ciao a tutti!

Amedeo Rinaldo