Priority on white/black lists

Miguel Fernandes maf at eurotux.com
Fri Dec 16 15:54:30 CET 2011

Hello, again!

I've been digging a litle more and:

on  /usr/sbin/amavisd

  $sql_select_white_black_list =
     'SELECT wb FROM wblist JOIN mailaddr ON wblist.sid=mailaddr.id'.
     ' WHERE wblist.rid=? AND mailaddr.email IN (%k)'.
     ' ORDER BY mailaddr.priority DESC';

In only uses mailaddr.priority for sorting, so I think there wblist.wb
is not expecting a numeric value...

Anyway I kind of answered my question :)
I think adding a priority field on the wblists and altereing the
"sql_select_white_black_list" expression will solve my predicament :)

Thanks!

On 12/16/2011 02:17 AM, Michael Scheidell wrote:
> On 12/15/11 10:36 AM, Miguel Fernandes wrote:
>> Hello!
>>
>> I need to have some sort of priority in black/white lists, but
>> currently this field is in the mailaddr table...,
>> so I can't have different priorities per recipient right?
>>
>> I'm thinking on creating a priority field in the table wblist, to
>> have a priority per wblist entry, mainly to prioritize white lists.
> actually, the entry in the wb field doesn't need to be a 'w' or a 'b'
> (if I remember correctly)
> you can set it as a -100 for whitelist, and, say, +50 in b.
>>
>> Can this this be achieved by some other way?
>> How does a domain w/b list affect that domain's recipients? How can
>> we know the priority order in the case we have both domain w/b lists
>> and recipient's w/b lists?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>

> --
> Michael Scheidell, CTO
> o: 561-999-5000
> d: 561-948-2259
> >*| *SECNAP Network Security Corporation
>
>   * Best Mobile Solutions Product of 2011
>   * Best Intrusion Prevention Product
>   * Hot Company Finalist 2011
>   * Best Email Security Product
>   * Certified SNORT Integrator

> This email has been scanned and certified safe by SpammerTrap®.
> For Information please see http://www.spammertrap.com/

Cumprimentos,
Miguel Fernandes