opinions about Ikarus

Alessandro Lota lota at nonlontano.it
Mon Jan 8 14:43:39 CET 2024

On 08/01/24 13:38, A. Schulze wrote:
> since years, amavis support Ikarus Virus scanners:
> https://gitlab.com/amavis/amavis/-/blob/master/conf/amavisd.conf?ref_type=heads#L721-752

Hi Andrea,

I started integration of Ikarus with Amavis in 2020 and ikarus.at
support helped me for integration, I suppose

the source template could be mine ;-)

> I like to collect opinions about
>  - is it used
I use it since 2020 and the project seems supported, sending new virus
reports are accepted
>  - experiences

systemd integration seems works and debian package "ikarus-scanserver"
is not bad

it block some Trojan, but not may Virus, I have not really stats because
my Amavis use other scanner (and first positive are enough for Amavis)

>  - it's reliability
stable
>  - it's performance

performance is not since I switch to "LocalSocket" mode on port 3310

instead of API (very slow)

>  - what else one this is worth to mention

one of few antivirus that still works on Linux and Amavis on premise and
not in cloud or as service

Alessandro - Lota

--
è facile registrare un dominio con bitName!https://www.bitname.it