Amavis and OpenDMARC

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Sat Nov 11 05:41:57 CET 2023

On 11/11/2023 05:04, Damian wrote:

>> OpenDMARC is setup as a smtpd_milter in Postfix.
>
> So Amavis is setup as an smtpd_milter as well?
>
>> Can someone maybe shed some light on why this would be happening or is
>> there a different way to handle DMARC?
>
> Do you see DKIM-related Authentication-Results headers in incoming
> mails?

I'm betting its dkim_minimum_key_bits set to 2048 (great - except some
who setup DKIM 10 years ago haven't redone keys are probably still
scarily using 1024 bit keys, I recall reading a post once that said
those keys would soon be considered a fail.

Also, since they allude to "some passing", I guess they did remember to
set enable_dkim_verification=1 ? since from memory that explicitly must
be set to 0 for opendkim.

The OP needs to do more testing of such things and if still stumped
report back here,  it's very overcast here today, so my ESP link can't
connect ;)

--
Regards,
Noel Butler

This Email, including attachments, may contain legally privileged
information, therefore at all times remains confidential and subject to
copyright protected under international law. You may not disseminate
this message without the authors express written authority to do so.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender then
delete all copies of this message including attachments immediately.
Confidentiality, copyright, and legal privilege are not waived or lost
by reason of the mistaken delivery of this message.