Virus checking options

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Thu Apr 27 16:17:51 CEST 2023

On 27.04.23 05:58, Damian wrote:
>The config file change [1] comes with an explanation. The Fedora setup
>does not fit the explanation completely, because it runs a dedicated
>clamd instance with amavis uid. Shouldn't be necessary with fdpass,
>but well.
>
>[1] https://gitlab.com/amavis/amavis/merge_requests/38/diffs

the same issues apply when running on debian, that's why you have to add
clamav into amavis group.

But that doesn't explain why clamd is called via clamdscan instead of
talking to clamav socket directly as before. I can guess to avoid
implementing clamav protocol.

However the change does not make big difference, clamdscan is ~250K
installed on debian.

WinError #98652: Operation completed successfully.