Whitelisting mail servers

Nikolaos Milas nmilas at noa.gr
Sun Nov 27 19:35:07 CET 2022

On 24/11/2022 8:23 π.μ., Patrick Ben Koetter wrote:
> I suggest to use valid DKIM signatures, if your bank sends DKIM signed
> messages and use one or a list of policy banks to overrule (here: disable)
> specific content classifications:

Hi Patrick and everyone who replied,

Thanks for your valuable feedback. No, unfortunately the Banks we are
having issues with do not use DKIM signatures.

However, they are using *dedicated* mail servers, so I assume I can use
@mynetworks to safely whitelist these. Isn't that right?

Regarding DMARC, I don't see amavis / spamassassin to be adjusting
scoring using DMARC validation. Should such behavior be enabled somehow?

Patrick, for other cases with mails with DKIM signatures, please
clarify: using @author_to_policy_bank_maps applies ONLY to valid
DKIM-signed mails?

Would you suggest to also increase negative scoring of SPF_PASS
(currently -0.1)?

Matus, you suggested to make an exception at the MTA level. I guess you
mean something like (in Postfix):

    smtpd_recipient_restrictions = reject_invalid_hostname,
                                    reject_unauth_pipelining,
                                    permit_mynetworks,
                                    permit_sasl_authenticated,
                                    reject_unauth_destination,
                                    check_client_access hash:/etc/postfix/rbl_override,

where /etc/postfix/rbl_override is:

    1.2.3.4 OK
    1.2.3.5 OK
    mail.freemailer.tld OK