Reject mails with two different mail addresses in From Header

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Fri Mar 11 14:40:01 CET 2022

please, when possible, use plaintext e-mail with mailing lists.

On 11.03.22 14:35, Nikolaos Milas wrote:
>   Is there a way to drop mails which have two different mail addresses in
>   the From header?
>
>   This is a common trick of abusers.
>
>   For example, mails with a header like:
>
>   From: "<John Doe> [1]john_doe at example.com"
>   [2]<afom-seminyak at grandmashotels.com>
>
>   This is from a real mail (with a password-protected zip attachment) which
>   obviously is infected.
>
>   Can you please provide some amavis/SA setting(s) and/or script doing that
>   job?

I've had this problem too, in spamassassin you can:

uncomment in v343.pre:

loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::OLEVBMacro

define rule:

body L_OLEMACRO_ZIP_PW  eval:check_olemacro_zip_password()

define meta rule for already existing __PDS_FROM_2_EMAILS:

meta L_FROM_2_EMAILS    (__PDS_FROM_2_EMAILS)

- there's T_PDS_FROM_2_EMAILS which unfortunately does not hit when e.g.
   DKIM signature exists

and maybe meta rule for these:

meta L_FROM_2_ENCRYPTED L_OLEMACRO_ZIP_PW && __PDS_FROM_2_EMAILS

A day without sunshine is like, night.